By M Dave
Are you considering buying a property management system for your hospitality business? A PMS is a significant component that will keep your business running smoothly. Taking some time to examine the various features and aspects of property management systems will ensure you select a PMS that will do the most for your hospitality business and help keep operations running smoothly and effectively for years to come.
Considerations when Buying a cloud based hotel management software for Your Small Boutique Hotel
Here are 6 factors to consider as you begin the process of shopping for a new property management system (PMS) for your small boutique hotel:
- Security Features – Will it help us protect our guests’ data and support our efforts to prevent any potential security breach? In case of breakdown will it be able to back up the data.
- Reputation – Is the system provides a long-standing, reputable company committed to the unique needs of the hospitality industry? Have they been working in this industry in different countries?
- Configuration Flexibility – While the initial system configuration is important, also important to consider is the system’s flexibility in accommodating your ever-changing business scenarios. Configuration flexibility translates to ease of use, extensibility and a greater return on investment. If the property management system offers limited configuration flexibility, it may cause daily challenges because it cannot accommodate a variety of offerings.
- Integration possibilities – How well does this PMS play with other systems? Software that is limited in integration possibilities will leave operations challenged in going above and beyond in guest service and make your daily tasks more onerous.
- Functionality – What are the key functionalities and features that distinguish certain software from another? What are the features that will best serve your operations? It is far too easy to be impressed by the bells and whistles and cool features that in the long run do not actually serve in helping you better manage your business and increase revenue.
- Training & Support – Does the company have a strong team with the solid hospitality experience? Do they offer online and onsite training as well as crucial support for the transition? What kind of software support can you expect? Hospitality is a 24/7/365 industry; it’s important that assistance is available whenever problems arise to limit disruptions to your business.
Since this is a cluttered market of PMS a few names that do stand up and tick all the above factors are companies like Prologic First for a good comprehensive budget Hotel PMS system and Micros and i-tesso for hotel who seek more luxurious and expensive system. However both systems almost have the same features and work pretty much the same, leaving it just to a matter of choice and most important finances.